1. The data controller of this website is Buttons Accounting Limited (“Buttons”), UK registered company number 05969671, ICO registration Z342542X.
You can contact us:
- by writing to us at Prospect House, 11 Western Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7AS,
- by emailing us at email@example.com
- by phoning us on 01566 779111
About data collected from our website
2.1 Our website may collect data from you in two ways:
(a) Cookies –
These are very small files which are transferred from our website to your computer and relay information about you back to our website. They give us useful information about how you found our website, what things about our website did and didn’t interest you and where you were in the world when you visited the site.
We do not process the information obtained from cookies other than in the format of anonymous statistical information, but we do take notice of this information to make the website better for you and other users in the future.
You can disable cookies on your computer, but doing so may stop our website from functioning properly for you.
(b) Information which you give us –
On the Contact Us page of our website we invite you to provide your name and email address, and we provide a box where you can set out a query. When you hit the submit button, we then receive a copy of that information.
2.2 We process this information primarily to answer your query but also because you may decide you want to receive on-going information from us or because you decide you want to become a client of Buttons. But, if neither of these last two things happen, in the normal course of events, your details will be retained by us for a short while, and then will be subject to routine In-box data cleansing. We may hold your contact details for a longer period if:
(a) Your query and our response is of particular pertinence and interest to Buttons Accounting Ltd in the formulation of its internal policies, and advice to clients, you are an existing client or supplier of ours and/or we need to retain the details as evidence in legal proceedings or are required to retain it by law or by a regulator;
(b) You subsequently and explicitly consent to receive marketing materials (including newsletters, updates etc) from Buttons Accounting Ltd; or
(c) You or your employer becomes a client of Buttons.
2.3 Besides emails from our website, we assign other types of communication the status of enquiry (e.g. letters, emails directly to named staff, telephone calls, social meetings) and retain and destroy records of them in the same manner as communications falling within 2.2 above.
About how the status of your data could change
3.1 We process and store information about individuals that has a different status to the enquiry communication described at 2. above: e.g.
(1) information identifying businesses offering goods or services in the public domain
(2) consented contact data acquired from reputable data suppliers
(3) where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us.
We hold and process the immediately above information for marketing purposes (i.e. to persuade you to become a client of Buttons) and/or to deliver our services as an accountancy business (e.g. where you are a supplier to Buttons or are connected with a supplier of Buttons). Information held only for marketing and/or business purposes is subject to on-going review and is deleted when we consider it to be out of date and unnecessary to retain.
3.2 We may also have your personal data because it was provided to us by your employer as a Buttons’ client and because you act as contact point for our delivering our services to your employer. We may use the data to advise you on training matters and provide information connected with what we understand to be your role within your employer’s business.
Legal Basis for Processing
4. All personal data held about you within 3.1 and 3.2 above is held and processed by us because you have consented to it being held and processed in this way and unless you are or have been a Buttons Client you can always exercise the rights set out at 6. below. When you become a client of Buttons, information about you is held and processed by us because the processing is necessary for the performance by us of a contract to which you are party and because the processing is necessary for compliance with legal and professional obligations to which Buttons is subject:- we are likely to need to retain information in accordance with the requirements of tax and accounting authorities.
Where you become a Buttons’ Client
5. When you become a Buttons’ client, our retention of your data and other information is subject to our terms and conditions on data protection and document retention.
Your Data Protection Rights
6. Where Buttons holds information about you solely for enquiry answering, marketing and/or informative purposes, we will always respect your rights under the UK and European Data Protection Law. These rights include:
(a) a right to know whether we hold information about you, what information we hold about you and why we hold it.
(b) a right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data by Buttons.
(c) a right to request from us rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as well as the right to data portability
These rights are exercisable by contacting us in any of the ways suggested above. If we hold data about you because you are an existing (or former) client of ours, then there may be some limitation on the data protection rights mentioned above attributable to our legal and professional obligations as an accountancy firm, but we would hope never to send marketing material to you if you have told us you do not want to receive it and if we unable to delete your data would hope to find some other way of addressing your concerns.
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF